Qatar Teams Up With Total And Marubeni To Build Solar Plant

0
203
Advertisement
  • Qatar has invested $467 million for the Al Kharsaah plant located near Doha
  • The country’s Siraj Energy will hold a 60 percent stake in the solar plant

According to a report by Aljazeera, Qatar has signed an agreement with France’s Total and Japan’s Marubeni to build a solar power plant capable of producing 800 megawatts of energy. The report said that Qatar has invested $467 million for the Al Kharsaah plant located near Doha. It is expected that the project will be completed by 2022.

Half-ready by the first quarter of 2021

The report said that energy minister, Saad al-Kaabi said that it is expected that by the first quarter of 2021, half of the plant’s capacity will be up and running. He added that it will generate about eight times the size of the solar energy Qatar had pledged to build.

Marubeni and Total to hold 40 per cent stake

Advertisement

According to the report, Qatar’s Siraj Energy, a joint venture owned by Qatar Petroleum (QP) and Qatar Electricity and Water Company (QEWC) will hold a 60 percent stake in the solar plant. Marubeni and Total will hold the remaining 40 per cent. Marubeni will have 51 percent of the minority stake and Total will have 49 percent stake.

Advertisement

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS & COMMENTS

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Are you human? *