- Engineered for precision and adaptability, this has a dynamic 2.8-inch touch screen, rapid start-up, and versatility – all in one board!
- It can connect wirelessly, works with popular coding tools, and has a unique PinPong feature.
The Single Board Computers (SBC) market received a significant boost with the release of DFRobot’s UNIHIKER at element14. Designed for efficiency and adaptability, the SBC is particularly favoured among professionals in artificial intelligence, robotics, Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics(STEM) disciplines. A standout feature of the SBC is its 2.8-inch touch screen, perfect for the dynamic display of sensor data. Additionally, the board’s quick start-up, many interfaces, and impressive expandability make it a go-to choice for innovative engineers. Its applications span from developing intelligent home systems and artificial intelligence (AI)-based robots to facilitating intensive data analysis.
The main features of UNIHIKER are as follows :
- Extensive sensor suite inclusive of a light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, and microphone.
- Wireless connectivity and built-in IoT (Internet of Things) services for on-device data storage.
- Co-processor ensures smooth communication with a wide array of sensors and actuators.
- Compatibility with Jupyter Notebook, VS Code, and Mind+ coding software.
- Pre-installed software for a smooth project initiation.
- PinPong Control Library, facilitating control of the built-in sensors and other connected devices via Python.
Commenting on the launch, Romain Soreau, the Head of Single Board Computing at element14, mentioned, “Our objective remains to provide our customers with the best technological advancements. UNIHIKER epitomises this with its exceptional features. Our confidence lies in its potential to become a prime choice for our clientele.” Customers can purchase the UNIHIKER SBC through Farnell in EMEA, Newark in NA, and Element 14 in APAC. This release promises to be a significant addition to the ever-evolving world of SBCs.