UP Government To Set Up Centre Of Excellence In Noida For Products Based On Li-Ion Batteries

0
716
  • This centre will encourage around 100 MSMEs and will help create 5,000-7,000 job opportunities
  • It will also create a hub for power banks and Indian mobile handsets in the state as per the government

The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to set up a ‘centre of excellence’ in Noida for products based on Li-ion cells or lithium-ion batteries. This centre will encourage around 100 MSMEs and will help create 5,000-7,000 job opportunities. It will also create a hub for power banks and Indian mobile handsets in the state as per the government.

This will include battery monitoring system for electric vehicles, solar system battery pack, GPS navigation system , ticket vending machines for trains, buses, power banks, Bluetooth speakers, chargers, wireless chargers, smart lighting systems, radio, UPS system, routers and sound meters (for money transfer with a particular sound) among other things.

Well-established necessary ecosystem in Noida

Dinesh Sharma, deputy chief minister and minister of IT and electronics, in a statement issued said that the centre will provide crucial technical input to start-ups and MSMEs for production of mass market electronics accessories up to the prototype stage. He added that the state government will be able to nominate diploma holders, ITI pass outs, BSc and MSc in electronics as ‘certification engineers’.

Alok Kumar, additional chief secretary, IT and electronics said that due to the availability of a well-established necessary ecosystem in Noida, the Indian Cellular and Electronics Association (ICEA) proposed the establishment of product-based Li-ion cells centre of excellence in Noida. it has been approved in principle and work to establish the centre will start soon after the approval from the Union government. Kumar added that the government will set up three centres of excellence in collaboration with the Union ministry of electronics and information technology, and industrial association.

The state government will bear 25 per cent of the cost while the union government and industrial associations will bear the remaining 75 per cent of the total cost of the project. It is estimated that the Union government and the state governments will contribute Rs 9.04 crore and Rs 3.01 crore respectively. The contribution of ICEA will be Rs 5.36 crore

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here