LED lighting brings countless benefits to the electronics industry. From warehouses to production lines, LED lights help cut operational costs by up to 80 per cent since they consume significantly less energy as compared to the conventional lights. The LED lights also last up to five times longer than ordinary lights, resulting in less maintenance and downtime, which is especially important in facilities with high ceilings. The industrial LED lighting solutions enhance a company’s functionality, security and employee safety, and deliver a triple bonus of increased sustainability, reduced operational costs and improved working conditions. Let’s look at some of the new launches in LED industrial lights
Monday, May 15, 2013:
Model: High bay LED, Brand: Digital Lumens, Manufacturer: Digital Lumens, USA
Launched in April 2013, the high bay LED lights are designed for industrial facilities–both lighting upgrades and new construction. The fixtures are one-for-one replacements of 400W or 1,000W HID, HPS, T5 and T8 fluorescent fixtures.
- Lighting energy savings up to 90 per cent
- Maximum flexibility—13,000, 18,000 and 26,000 lumen fixture options—to address each facility’s unique needs, and complete control over each fixture
- Maximum reliability—rugged industrial design, complete UL, ULC, CE and NOM listings, and five-year warranty
- Include three independently amiable and dimmable high-performance LED light bars
Model: XHB series, Brand: Xeralux, Manufacturer: Xeralux Inc, USA
Launched in March 2013, the XHB series of high bay LED lights reduce energy consumption by up to 90 per cent when compared to conventional lighting, while improving light levels and safety in warehouses, manufacturing set-ups, gyms, convention centres, food processing plants and cold storage units.
- Delivers up to 47,000 lumens and up to 94 lm/W luminaire efficacy
- The XHB high bay is a very flexible product, which can be deployed with as few as three LED petals or as many as 12 LED petals
- Supports optional occupancy sensing, coupled with bi-level dimming to provide maximum cost savings and the fastest payback
Model: Hi-Max LED, Brand: Luxonic, Manufacturer: Luxonic Lighting, UK
- The luminaires use high output Cree XP-E LEDs, and they operate in the ambient thermal range of –30 to +30 °C
- The Hi-Max fittings can either be suspended or surface mounted, and are highly efficient, with the option of integral dimmable control gear that contributes to energy savings and a reduction in CO2 emissions
- The luminaires can be programmed to turn off after a period of inactivity, or if there is sufficient daylight to light the space
Model: LF2B series, Brand: IDEC, Manufacturer: IDEC Corporation, Japan
Launched in March 2013, the LF2B series is offered in multiple lengths, and a wide range of AC and DC input voltage options. The AC versions are ideal for after-market lighting requirements in either industrial machines or equipment, including visual inspection lines and panels.
- Available in a universal 100-240 V AC input, making it suitable for use anywhere in the world
- With 12/24 V DC voltage, it is a perfect choice for battery-operated equipment, traffic signs, solar power equipment or panels, and applications that are required to operate in an emergency
- Provides bright lighting and high efficiency, while reducing power consumption by as much as 54 per cent
- Available in five lengths from 210 to 1080mm with a choice of clear or white covers, while two mounting styles allow for quick and easy installation in a narrow space
Contact details: Yasuzo Tsuchiya, director, corporate sales, Ph: +81-6-6398-2500; [email protected], www.idec.com
India distributor: Fine Tech Controls
Model: T8 LED tubes, Brand: Lextar, Manufacturer: Lextar Electronics Corp, Japan
Launched in March 2013, the 2.43m T8 LED high-efficiency tubes have been designed using Lextar LM-80 certified LED packaging products. They have a lifespan of 40,000 hours (five times more than that of fluorescent lamps) and a lightweight design to ensure safety, making the technology very suitable for warehouses, tunnels and other places that use lighting for long periods of time.
- The tube has an efficiency of 110 lm/W and above
- Provides 40 per cent higher efficiency compared to fluorescent lamps
- Achieves light uniformity with the linear T8 dimension, making the lamp technology a breakthrough in terms of surpassing production, assembly and material restrictions
- Helps customers save on maintenance and energy costs
Model: OLWCM, Brand: Lithonia, Manufacturer: Lithonia Lighting, USA
Launched in February 2013, the OLWCM ceiling light family is available in two styles and three lumen packages. The OLWCM ceiling mount luminaires are an ideal solution for outdoor lighting applications as well as interior applications such as factories and warehouses.
- OLWCM ceiling lights use high-performance LEDs, which maintain 70 per cent of light service at an expected 50,000 hours
- Designed for mounting heights between 2.43 and 4.87m for flush or pendant mounting at customisable mounting heights
- The fixtures are crafted with rugged cast-aluminium and corrosion-resistant bronze or in a white housing. Additionally, polycarbonate lenses protect the LEDs from the elements, and provide a broad and even light distribution
Model: ZT-TL-160W, Brand: ZTL, Manufacturer: Zhongtian Lighting Co Ltd, China
Launched in January 2013, ZT-TL-160W LED tunnel light is widely used in tunnels, workshops, large warehouses, and places of large scale flood lighting, construction areas, urban landscape, billboards, and building facades for landscape lighting.
- Housing material: aviation 6063 aluminium and steel explosion-proof glass
- Input voltage: 85-264VAC/DC, 50-60Hz
- Power factor: 0.90
- Luminous flux: 14400lm (warm white), 16000lm (neutral white and cool white)
- Average illumination: 62lux @6.0M, [email protected], 24lux @10.0M
- Colour rendering index: 75±5Ra
- Colour temperature: (3000K-3500K), (4000K-4500K), (5500K-6500K)
Model: Coriflex; Brand: Trilux, Manufacturer: Trilux GmbH & Co KG, Germany
Launched in December 2012, the Coriflex LED light system meets the diverse needs of a modern light system. The all-in-one solution halves the time spent in mounting, and offers almost unlimited design flexibility in various applications such as industry, retail, education and offices.
- Coriflex has a high variability in terms of luminous flux, light colour and optics, making it suitable for a wide range of applications
- The compact modules of this digital light system enable flexible installation. Subsequent retrofitting on-site is also simple
- Coriflex comes with various options for surface-mounted or suspended versions.
- Highly variable and efficient: The individual modules of the continuous line are not only exchangeable, but can be shifted within the light system with just a few flicks of the wrist
Contact details: Ph: +49 (0) 2932 3010, [email protected], www.trilux.com
India office: Trilux Lighting (India) Pvt Ltd