Everlight has recently received the judgement from Boards of Appeal of European Patent Office (“the EPO”), the EPO has affirmed Everlight’s appeal request for patent invalidation and decided that Nichia’s European patent EP2197053 is invalid. Everlight affirmed the result of this judgement and won the victory.
Everlight has filed invalidation trial procedures against Nichia ‘s YAG patents in Europe, United States, Australia, China and Taiwan. Everlight has received these winning judgements:
- Boards of Appeal of European Patent Office has decided that Nichia’s European patent EP2197053 is invalid.
- Supreme Court of United States has decided that the asserted claims of Nichia’s United States patents US5998925 and US7531960 are invalid.
- High Court of Australia has decided that the asserted claims of Nichia’s Australia patent AU720234 are invalid.
- China Supreme People’s Court has decided that Nichia’s China patent CN200610095837.4 is invalid.
- Taiwan Supreme Administrative Court has decided that Nichia’s Taiwan patent TW383508 is invalid.
- EVERLIGHT respects intellectual property rights and will devote to the protection of
customers’ and shareholders’ benefits and rights.