Saturday, August 03, 2013: Government of India, Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), has mandated Compulsory Registration for 15 electronic items vide ‘Electronics and IT Goods (Requirement of Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012’. Based on various queries raised by the industry, additional clarifications have been provided by Technical Advisory Committee.
The clarifications are as follows:
- BDU (Bill Dispenser Unit for ATM) and GBNA / GBRU (Bill recycler / Deposit Unit for ATM) or ATM are not covered by the Order.
- Transcorder distributes content over IP network without the use of compression. This digital platform uses the network to distribute Video, Graphic, Audio and computer data in raw uncompressed format. This is a telecom device and hence out of scope of CRS Order.
- Electronic Data Projectors, Electronic Cinema Projectors, Electronic meeting room projectors etc., are video projection units and all these are data process equipment and hence are covered under scope of CRS as ADP machines.
- Network attached storage (NAS) device which is connected to a computer network is a data storage device covered under scope of CRS as ADP machines.
- Hard Device Media Player (HDMP) is a hard drive enclosure with Hardware and Software for playing audio, video through a home cinema or home theatre PC. This device can be used either as an external hard drive or to play computer based media files without the need for a separate computer. This is data process equipment and hence covered under scope of CRS as ADP machines.
- All-in-one computers / workstations / thin-clients cannot be treated as desktop /or personal computer because they are structurally different from desk top / personal computer and hence covered under scope of
- CRS as ADP machines.
The said clarifications as also other answers to other related issues are available in FAQs on DeitY website,www.deity.gov.in/esdm.