Through this program, Facebook aims to help build the ecosystem for AI in India and support startups with the resources and opportunities.
Facebook is inviting applications for the second edition of its India Innovation Accelerator Program 2019, which will focus on Artificial Intelligence (AI) startups that have the potential to create social impact on a large scale.
According to the social networking service company, the program will support a cohort of AI startups that are working on building technology to solve complex social problems in the domains of empowerment of women and girls, agriculture, healthcare, education, climate change, resilient cities, etc.
Facebook team believes that Artificial Intelligence (AI) is one such technology that can solve problems important for the society and help to find right solutions, said Satyajeet Singh, Head of Platform Partnerships, Facebook India and South Asia.
“We want to help build the ecosystem for AI in India and support startups with the resources and opportunities they would need to succeed. We aim to bring our industry knowledge and technical know-how to take their ideas to the next level,” he added.
The last date for submitting application to participate in the program is June 2, 2019.
T-Hub is partnering with Facebook for the second time to run the India Innovation Accelerator Program.
The first edition of the India Innovation Accelerator program last year was focused on innovative startups in the AR/VR/MR industries and it was a great success, said Ravi Narayan, CEO of T-Hub.
How AI startups will benefit from this program?
Startups accepted into the program will participate in a curriculum of activities specifically designed to support product development, growth and expansion to new markets.
Facebook will provide technical expertise, mentorship, training on the use of Facebook products and tools, free access to a suite of products and services, and access to experts within the company.
The startups will also have access to T-Hub’s network of mentors, industry experts, investors, service providers and will be allowed an opportunity to attract funding for their business during the Demo Day at the end of the program.
Minimum eligibility criteria to apply for the program include:
- At least one full-time employee with some initial market traction.
- A product or service that provides a functionality/capability that is not currently available in any off the shelf product, or a functionality/capability that can be demonstrated to possess a significant advantage over current offerings in some aspect.
- Product or service that represents original ideas, wholly-owned with freedom to use or is licensed by the team.
- A team that is based in India and is working to serve the Indian market. Teams aren’t limited to working in India but must have customers in India.
- Formed or is a part of a recognised, legal entity for the company structure.
(With inputs from Yourstory)