Friday, September 13, 2013: Servo stabilisers are very reliable and are known for their durability. They are compact and quite portable, hence suitable for applications like computing, entertainment, aerospace, etc. Constant voltage transformers (CVT), on the other hand, effectively regulate voltage variations, suppress transients and bridge short interruptions/dips. The advantage of using CVTs over servo stabilisers is that since there are no moving parts, CVTs are extremely reliable and rugged. CVTs are also capable of controlling a higher input voltage range at lesser loads, unlike servo stabilisers, which have a fixed controlling range.
Model: Volta CVT, Brand: Volta, Manufacturer: Volta Powerlink Pvt Ltd, India
Launched in February 2013, this constant voltage transformer (CVT) uses a tank circuit composed of a high-voltage resonant winding and a capacitor, to produce a nearly constant average output voltage with a varying input current or varying load.
- No semiconductor or moving part used, hence very high reliability
- Energy storage for line loss up to main 3 ms at typical load
- Input voltage: 170-270V AC
- Output voltage: 220-230 V ± 1 per cent
- Load power factor: 0.75 per cent lag to 0.9 per cent lead
- Ambient temperature: -10°C to 50°C
Contact details: Sandeep Agarwal, director, Ph: 022-285 46884/85, [email protected], www.voltaproduct.com
Model: Oil cooled and air cooled SCVS, Brand: Elent, Manufacturer: Elent Electronics (P) Ltd, India
Launched in January 2013, the servo controlled voltage stabilisers (SCVS) have an auto or manual operation facility with an under-voltage and over-voltage cut-out arrangement.
- No output waveform distortion
- Fast correction of output voltage: 20 V/sec
- Output is self-adjustable for a range of ±5 per cent
- Input range: 170 to 270 VAC for single phase, 300 to 470 VAC for three-phase
- Output voltage: 230 VAC-400 VAC
- Output voltage adjustments: 220 to 240 VAC and 380 to 415 VAC Ph to Ph
- Supply frequency: 47 to 53 Hz
Contact details: Ramotar Singh, director, Ph: 011-40704 402, [email protected], www.elent.in
Model: CPS SVX, Brand: Convergence, Manufacturer: Convergence Power Systems Pvt Ltd
Launched in November 2012, the CPS SVX models range from 1 kVA to 1000 kVA. These are extensively used in security surveillance systems like scanners, etc.
- Voltage correction speed > 30 V/S
- High-low voltage cut-off
- Overload protection
- 98 per cent efficiency in full load
- Unity power factor
- Input voltage range starts from 90 V onwards
Contact details: Sree Kumar, director, sales and marketing, Ph: +91 9810582922, [email protected], www.convergenceups.net
Electronics Bazaar, South Asia’s No.1 Electronics B2B magazine