Delhi to get rooftop solar energy scheme soon

0
169

Sheila Dikshit, Chief Minister of Delhi, announced that a policy will soon be launched to encourage people to switch to the renewable energy sources, beginning with rooftop solar energy collectors. According to the policy, solar power units will be set up on rooftops of households in the capital, with the owners of buildings getting incentives and the power generated will be connected to the main grid.

House owners can either lease out their roof to developers, who will then set up the unit, or they can pay 30 per cent of the cost of installation. The remaining 70 per cent will be financed through banks. House owners will get to earn Rs 17 per unit of power produced through the solar panels, which will be directly fed into a grid. They can sell the power for 25 years.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Are you human? *